Sunday, May 19, 2013

BBQ Sunday

So I made this BBQ in the crock pot... Kroger special on pork loin shoulder, rubbed it down with garlic salt, black pepper, ground red pepper, ground paprika, and a fiery 5 pepper seasoning. Wrapped it up last night and let the seasonings set in over night. Tossed it in the crock pot this morning and let it go for 8 hours on low. I flipped the slab over a few times to keep the top side juicy. Does this make any sense? Did to me.

HEY MOM! Is pork like ground beef, are you suppose to drain the the juice?

"I would drain most of it otherwise it will be too juicy and your buns will be soggy. Did you make a roast?"
Ummm.... I got the pork slab that was on sale.
"Yeah, you got a roast."
THANKS MA!

The meat fell apart beautifully with about 30 minutes left. I mixed in some more garlic powder, red pepper and added some cumin. Finally toppped it all off with some honey hickory smoke BBQ sauce.


Yeah, I'll take the BBQ slider trio with a side of almonds.


Personal performance: B+
Gave myself an A- after slider #1, but slider #3 proved that I may have went a little overboard with the garlic salt. Waiter... more water please!

1 comment:

  1. Were the almonds your side dish or dessert?

    ReplyDelete