Sunday, May 19, 2013

Unwrap, microwave for 2 minutes, eat.

I am 23 years old. I am a man. And I'm a frugal grocery spender. I have been on my own for eating for almost 5 years now. I have seen some great excuses for cooking from the guys I have lived with as well as some beautiful efforts of my own. My roommate sophomore year considered sticking his corn dogs in the oven counted as cooking. This might be funny but it was about the extent of the cooking that occurred in BC11. Personally, I don't really like corn dogs or the microwave taquitos, Totinos pizza, or anything else on the microwave menu. So I had to learn to cook.  I do consider myself one of the lucky ones however. My mom is a farmers daughter. I'm 30% sure there hasn't been a microwave dinner in her family ever! It's in my genes to cook. I have a lot of questions when I pull out the pots and pans, but it's usually nothing a quick call home to mom can't fix. This is what happens when you're a young man in your 20's, Mom can cook, and you're... learning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment