Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tacos

Don't worry hungry readers, I'll feed you... So I got a crock pot in the fall thinking it would make meals far easier. Turn it on when I leave, dinner ready when I get home. Well, turns out that is true. What is also true is it takes a lot of thinking ahead and planning. Ergo, it doesn't get used all that much. But, it did get dusted off for some chicken tacos this eve.

1.25 lb boneless/skinless chicken thighs
Can of diced green chilies
Can of cannellini beans (drained)
2 tbsp of taco seasoning

HEY MOM! I bought the 1.25oz package of  package taco seasoning, do I use the whole thing? (keep in mind, I'm no fool, tbsp is a volume - oz is a mass, even if you get the app, those don't convert)
"Umm, open the package and measure out 2 tbsp ..... ??"
Ohhhhh. Good point.

THANKS MA!

Pile it all in and cook on low for 6 hours

I didn't make it home until 10 hours later. This is when Mom would usually call me saying "can you turn off the crock pot please". But one perks of buying the $45 crockpot over the $30 is it's got a built in "can you turn off the crock pot please - but keep it warm too" function. So I made it home, pulled out the chicken, gave it a shredded, mashed the beans (no idea why, just following instructions), added rice, Monterrey Jack cheese, splash of hot sauce and...


Personal performance: A
Actually very good. No real complaints. If I had more fixings they could of been my first A+. I'm real concerned how the chicken is going to hold up to the reheat though.

No comments:

Post a Comment