Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Grocery Store Curiosity

I came to an interesting conclusion at the grocery store last eve, our brains are weird. I've made a slow, painful progression over the years from

this for $1.09

 to this for $2.87


sometimes this for $3.67 (usually only when its on sale)


and really splurge for this for $4.29 (on sale for $3.34). But never will I buy


this for $5.99. Why? because $6 for a pizza at the grocery store is a ridiculous price!! and yet


is a great!! deal. I don't think there is another place on earth that our brain tells us to buy the off brand because its 11 cents cheaper. We won't even bend over to pick up 11 cents and yet we downgrade our food choices to save the dime. This is very odd to me. I have skipped over buying fresh chicken for years because it was $3.50/ lb and you can get a frozen bag for $2.25/ lb. And yet sure, throw in a small queso for $3 to go with my burritos at Moe's for $10 is perfectly reasonable. I would never buy queso at the grocery store. why? because it's $3! Same concept with gas station sodas. I'm pumped if they have an any size for a $1 deal. So you get a 32oz for $1. But never would I buy a 2L at the grocery store for more than $0.85.

Mom, can you please explain the transformation of thinking that occurs when you walk into the grocery store? OK, Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment